3. This long narrow kitchen was very challenging as the family wanted an island to eat at. I designed an L shaped island which had to be placed in an exact location in order to allow for traffic flow coming in and out of various doorways. The client had a glass collection she wanted to display so we built 2 cupboards with glass doors with various IKEA components and added a custom desk slab in the middle which provided a countertop from wall to wall. Countertops are quartz.
1. The client was adamant about having a banquette in this kitchen. Despite the small size we were able to put one in with very careful measuring. The table is custom made with built-in leaves for extra seating. Removing the beams and installing recessed lighting made the ceiling appear higher and the room more up to date. New custom cabinets were installed and quartz countertops.
Copyright 2017 Toronto Interiors Inc. All rights reserved.
4. This tired space needed a little TLC. Some of the older pieces were removed but we were able to work with most of the existing furniture after rearranging the layout. A new chair and coffee table were bought. An antique nesting side table was repurposed from another room. A lighter, larger carpet opened up the space and lightened it up as well which was the client's main goal. The artwork above the sofa was too small so that was replaced. The large wall unit which loomed over the room was removed and a sleek credenza style piece was added. New lamp shades gave the existing lamps new life.
2. In this basement, we created a storage room at one end. The new wall now comes to the enlarged entrance into the room on the left. A pocket door was installed allowing access into the new storage area as well as a new gas fireplace. New drywall replaced the old wood panelling and ceiling. Recessed lighting provides lots of light. At the other end of the room are new storage cupboards.
TORONTO INTERIORS INC.
5. By removing a wall into a study, this tiny bathroom was enlarged into a much more functional, beautiful space. A large walk-in shower, beautiful stand alone tub and all new fixtures and lighting, transformed the once cramped and uncomfortable room. There is also a new, large linen closet next to the shower.